Painted Pumpkins

FINALLY, my completed pumpkins!

You guys aren't going to believe this, but I caught a nasty head cold last week AND then I got all four wisdom teeth yanked on Friday. Hence, the delay in getting these bad boys painted and the blog post published.



This is the first time I've painted pumpkins. As you can see, these are not your traditional Halloween pumpkins. I'm hoping to have them around through November as well, so I went for a more contemporary look. The littlest one with the blue is my attempt at creating an Ikat design.

Maybe I'll wait until after Halloween when all of the pumpkins and gourds go on sale and I'll paint a few more!

Here are some Pinterest inspiration pictures that got my creative synapses firing. 

Bling with an unexpected color

Candy Corn Stripes, Argyle, Chevron

Puffy paint? Yes please!

Ikat
What girl doesn't love glitter?

I've been searching for small/taller
pumpkins ever since seeing this!

Is anyone else stretching their creative muscles with pumpkins this year?

~ Alicia 

Comments

Popular Posts