Welcome to Blue Hued Nest!


You're probably wondering, "what's up with the name?". Well, I'm obsessed with blue... decorating with blue that is. All shades of blue: navy, aqua, cobalt, indigo. I have to force myself to purchase things that are not blue - just to add another layer of color in a room. 

My love of blue stems from my love of the ocean. I grew up in Daytona Beach, FL and took the clear blue skies and warm Atlantic water completely for granted. I've been living in Boston, MA for the past seven years and the New England winters can be brutal to say the least. Besides the ocean my other love is interior design. Ever since I was a kid I've been re-arranging furniture, adding layers to the decor in my room and tackling art projects. 

I made the mistake of passing up interior design for my college major in exchange for advertising because I wanted more free time on the weekends. It seemed like the interior design students were always in the art studio and I wanted to be... well, at football games. Big mistake, HUGE! Here I am, approaching 30 and I'm fairly miserable in my career. Digital Marketing isn't as glamorous as one would imagine. 

What's the saying? "When one door closes, another one opens?" After being laid off from my marketing job a few months ago (one I didn't even like), I started re-evaluating my career and decided to start taking steps toward my "dream job". After all, I've seen other people create successful interior design careers for themselves without a formal degree. At the very least this blog will serve as a creative outlet and enable me to connect with the interior design community. 

So kick back, relax and embrace the color blue. Who knows where this journey might take us!

~ Alicia 

Image source: Pinterest

Comments

  1. Love the name, love the blue, love your posts! Aaaaahhhhhh I can't wait to get ideas from it for my house!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts